Friday 3 August 2012

How I choose my day kit

Here are a few pictures of past day kits...




How I pick the kit..
Rucksack- Something not too big but fits all the kit nicely.
Cook kit- This includes a water bottle, metal container to boil water and cook and usually a stove.
Fire lighting- This can be a lighter,  firesteel, matches or traditional fire lighting kit with natural or synthetic tinders.
Tools- If I intend to stop in the woods I will carry a knife and a saw, if I am just going for a walk I will carry a folding knife to be more discrete.
First aid kit- Always packed, never used. 
Bandana- Too many uses to list but can be a pot lifter when hot, filter debris out of water, clean pots and so much more.
Brew kit and food
Utensils- A folding mug is nice to have and a spoon or spork is very handy.
Tarp- Not always packed but if there is a chance of rain carried for fast shelter.
Hammock- Also not always packed but if i'm going to be stopping somewhere with trees I carry the hammock.
Extras- I sometimes carry a torch, whistle and signal mirror just encase I get caught out.. Also it is a good idea to carry a basic toilet kit.

I do not carry all the kit above everytime but this is how I structure my kit.

Thank you for reading.

1 comment: