Wednesday 15 May 2013

Bushcraft overnight kit

My kit contains:
Tarp (3x3 meters)
100% wool blanket
Knife made by Mark Hill
Bahco laplander folding saw
Fire kit 
Pathfinder bottle and cup with pathfinder stove ring
Millbank bag for water filtration
Hand carved spoon
First aid kit
Paracord



My fire is held in a oilskin pouch and contains fatwood and birchbark and also holds my firesteel.




My cook kit is the Pathfinder bottle and cup. I also carry the stove ring even when cooking on the fire as the cup cannot be suspended over the fire so I rest it on the stove ring to prevent the fire and coals from being smothered.

With this kit I use the 35 liter Berghaus Munro pack



Thank you for reading.

7 comments:

  1. Nice set up fella. You've just reminded me I've forgotten my FAK for tomorrows jaunt. Opps
    SBW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend! Have a good trip!

      Ben

      Delete
  2. This is a really interesting set up you have fella.

    Can I trouble you with two questions?

    1) What do you carry this kit in?

    2) What is the approximate weight of this set up?

    Many thanks,

    Colin
    (Kernowek Scouser on NB)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Colin,
    I carry the kit in a Berghaus Munro 35L pack. Sorry for not putting the picture up.
    Id estimate it weighs around 7kg but I will weigh it tomorrow and let you know.
    Thank you for the comment.

    All the best, Ben

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ben you mention you have a tarp and a wool blanket, do you have a sleeping bag or is the wool blanket enough
    alvb
    scooter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Scooter,
      Hoping to make a raised bed or improvised mattress and use just the wool blanket. If its cold I will keep the fire going overnight and make a reflector for extra warmth.

      Thanks, Ben

      Delete
  5. This is inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete